- Recital will be held at the end of each season in June. Further information will be released as soon as possible.
- Each recital class will be required to participate in dress rehearsal.
- Tuition and costumes payments must be paid in full to purchase recital tickets or for your child participate in recital.
- Tuition is due no later than the 1st of each month.
- A $30 FEE will be applied to accounts that are declined.
- Recurring payment transactions are processed on the 1st of each month, or next business day. Cash option is available only if paid before the first of the month.
- There are absolutely no refunds or credits given for tuition for any reason.
- There will be a $30 FEE for all returned checks.
- Tuition is a yearly price and is split up into monthly payments for your convenience. No refunds or credits are given for closings of the studio due to holidays, weather, etc.
- Tuition does not include recital/performance costumes, additional rehearsals, registration and recital/performance fees, recital/performance tickets, attire (including shoes, tights, and apparel), private and semi-private classes, traveling/lodging costs or photography/video packages. There are absolutely no credits given for these fees and costs for any reason.
- Please note, if costume deposits and final balances are not paid on time, the credit card you have on file will be charged with a $30 late fee.
- Cancellations due to weather will be announced on the studio website and a message will be sent to our text list. We will also have a message on our answering machine at least 1 hour prior to the first class.
- Please check these websites 1 hour prior to your dancer’s first class.
- Make-up lessons will be posted as necessary.
- We may not always cancel classes when school does.
- Holiday vacations are listed on the studio calendar. These vacations are subject to change if other cancellations occur during the season.
- There are no refunds/credits towards and tuition is not adjusted or prorated for holiday/vacation closings.
- A minimum number of students are required to hold a class.
- Some classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. We will then try to find the best-fit class for your child if a cancellation occurs.
- Make-up classes are available (age and level permitting). However, you must notify the office prior to an absence from a class to be eligible for a make-up class. Missed classes will not be applied toward future tuition. There are no refunds or credits given for missed classes.
- Students should remain fever, vomiting, and diarrhea free for at least 24 hours prior to each class they attend.
- A student’s participation in class with slight colds, allergies, runny noses, etc. will be at the discretion of the instructor.
Placement of Levels and Students
Each student is placed in the class according to their age and experience. If a child has a skill level above the age group, changes to their class placement may be made at the discretion of the instructor. Dance classes are not always the same as grade levels in school. This placement will occur during the first two weeks of classes.
Hands On Teaching Facility
This is a hands on facility. This means physical contact that is reasonably intended to coach, teach or demonstrate a particular skill or to prevent or lessen injury will be used.
Infrequent, non-intentional physical contact, particularly contact that arises out of an error or misjudgment on the part of the student and/or instructor, does not constitute as physical abuse.
We have not adopted any specific definition of abuse; rather, it defers to such general sources and definitions for reference and application, depending upon circumstances.
Appropriate dance attire must be worn during class. Students will not be able to attend class without proper attire. If you have any questions regarding proper attire please ask. The appropriate dance shoes must be worn for each class.
Observation/ Viewing Policies
It is very important to us that you know and are aware of what is happening in the classroom. However, we do not want your child to be distracted in the classroom. For this reason, we have conveniently set up TVs in the lobby so you can watch your child in the classroom. We encourage family members to attend performances and refrain from staying at the studio while class is in session.
It is the responsibility of you and your child to try to attend every class. If you will be late or will be missing class for a legitimate reason, please call the studio ahead of time to notify us. If there is no answer please leave a message, or inform the instructor ahead of time. There are no refunds given for missed classes. Please pick your child up promptly after their class is dismissed.
Sara Jean Dance Company is not liable for personal injury, loss or damage of any personal property. Every student is responsible to inform their instructors and the front desk of any injury or limitations they may have that may prevent them from participating fully in class. Our student’s health and safety is our priority.
Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to class.
Dress code will be implemented in every class. Please review our website for specific dress codes.
There is NO SMOKING in or around the dance studio.
Cell phone use in class is PROHIBITED.
No gum, candy, or food allowed during class or on the dance floor.
No street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
Sara Jean Dance Company is entitled to use video and photography throughout the year.
Pictures/videos may be used for advertising or other events. A professional photographer and videographer will be provided for purchase of recital pictures and videos. By purchasing or using these videos/pictures you adhere to the copyright rules and regulations of the companies. Sara Jean Dance
Company is not responsible for any misuse that may go against these regulations.
Please check studio bulletin board, website, and studio newsletter for any upcoming events and information.
ALL dates and times are subject to change. Notice will always be posted in the studio. Concerns/Complaints should be addressed in the form of an appointment. If you need to speak with one of the directors please make an appointment with the front desk. You may also address the directors via email.
Food and Beverages
- Light and healthy snacks (i.e. fruit, vegetables, nuts, granola, etc.) are allowed only in the front lobby area.
- Fast food and smelly food is not permitted.
- Water bottles ONLY are allowed in the classroom.
If you are interested in celebrating your dancer’s birthday with us at Sara Jean Dance Company please inquire about this opportunity at the front desk for detailed information and pricing!
In order to be part of the Sara Jean Dance Company Competition Team you must attend the Summer Competition Program. Date of the Summer program will be made public.
You must read, agree to, and sign the competition contract. This contract will set the requirements of being a member of the competition team.
Sara Jean Dance Company believes it is important to be involved throughout the community and embrace other opportunities that may come up. Invitations and information about these events will be presented to students throughout the year.
Recital pictures are held throughout a predetermined week during the month of May. During this week regularly scheduled classes will not be held while pictures are being taken. Your dancer will sign up to have their picture taken in their appropriate costumes during a designated block of time. There are no scheduled makeup classes held for this week.
Monthly Studio Information
- Important Studio information will be sent home in the form of a monthly newsletter to the email account you provided.
- Please open and read the monthly newsletter thoroughly as very important information will be sent home for your knowledge and convenience to keep everyone informed throughout the year.
- It is your responsibility to open and read all information. This information will also be posted in the studio waiting room on the cork-board.
- Notices will not be sent home with your dancer containing this important information.
- Please treat this facility as if it were your home (i.e. pick up after yourself, your children, and your guests.)
- Please monitor your children not in class.
- Please do not stand on chairs or put feet on walls, etc.
- Any person who shows negative or disrespectful behavior, including but not limited to poor sportsmanship, rude and/or aggressive comments, toward any other person may be asked to leave the premises and not to return.
- This type of behavior may also lead to the student’s account being immediately terminated without refund.
Behavior by Parents
Please do not interrupt class for any reason. If there is an emergency please inform the office and they will remove your child from class. If you would like to speak to the instructor please leave a note for them at the front desk and they will be sure to contact you at their convenience.
Behavior by Students
Unruly classroom behavior will not be tolerated from any student. Students participating in class shall not cause a disruption to the class, including but not limited to not paying attention in class, not listening to the instructor’s direction, and/or actively causing a disruption in class. If such behavior occurs, the instructor has the discretion to respond in a manner reasonably necessary to regain the attention of the student and to stop the disruptive behavior, including but not limited to removing the student from class, brief time-out(s) for the student, and/or brief conditioning exercises (i.e. jumping jacks) for the student. There will be no refunds or credits given for missed time from class and if a student is asked to leave class, the class will be treated as a missed class.
- Areas of this facility are under video surveillance.
- Images may be collected that allow an individual to be identified.
- The use of video surveillance is solely for the purposes of controlling theft, ensuring the safety of instructors, staff, students and their families, and facilitating the identification of individuals who behave in a disruptive manner or cause damage to property.